Island Roots and Chocolate Traditions with Teresa and Craig
NOTE: This excursion is limited. Dreams Unlimited Travel clients will be in our own, separate bus.
Duration: 2 hrs 15 mins.
Day: 6 / Cozumel, Mexico / December 09, 2016
Departure Time: 8:00 AM (subject to change)
Price: : $65.00* per Adult / $50.00* per child (ages 2 - 12)
*This excursion is more expensive if you book the DIS/Dreams Exclusive than if you were to book it on your own. RCCL is charging us more because we are a special group with a private bus. If you do not want to pay the increased price you can book this on your own through RCCL but you won't be on the same tour as members of the DISUnplugged Podcast.
Uncover the secrets of Mayan cacao, tour an ancient Mayan ruin, visit the island’s oldest church and sample tequila — all in one quick-but-entertaining two-hour tour. At the Mayan Cacao Company, discover the history of chocolate and why it formed such an integral part of the Mayan’s social and religious lives. See the manufacturing process, participate in a demonstration and sample some delicious artisanal chocolate.
From there you’ll visit a Mayan house and see how Mayan people used to live, tour the botanical gardens, discover more about their customs and traditions as well as taste authentic Mayan food. Then visit El Cedral, the oldest settlement in Cozumel and home to the island's first church. You’ll also tour the small Mayan ruin close by, followed by a visit to the Tequila Place nearby. There, you’ll have the chance to learn about the making of this traditional Mexican beverage, plus take part in a tequila tasting.
• Mayan Cacao Company: Learn about chocolate, its origins and manufacturing process; take part in a demonstration and tasting.
• Mayan House: Explore Mayan customs and traditions; visit the botanical gardens and taste authentic Mayan food.
• El Cedral: See the island’s first church and visit a small Mayan ruin; watch the tequila-making process and enjoy samples
What to Bring:
• SeaPass card and photo identification
• Sun protection
• Cash/credit cards (cash preferred)
• Insect repellent
What to Wear:
• Hat and sunglasses
• Flat, comfortable shoes
• The order to the stops may vary.
• Consider physical fitness and medical history when selecting this tour.
• Guest must be of legal age to consume alcohol.
• Mayan Cacao Company is wheelchair accessible; El Cedral and Tequila Place are not.
• Even though parts of this excursion are wheelchair accessible you must be able to transfer from your wheelchair/scooter onto the bus. Please let us know if you have special needs prior to booking this excursion at John@DreamsUnlimitedTravel.com